This site uses cookies.

The types of cookies we use, and the way we use them, are explained in our Privacy Policy. By clicking "Accept" or continuing to use our site, you agree to our use of Cookies. More information

Jane Peng

Right At Home Realty Inc., Brokerage

Visit me on Facebook
Visit me on LinkedIn
Best Fixed - 5 year
Best Variable - 5 year
Personal Information
Search For Property
Buying Home
Selling Home
Mississauga Real Estate
Mississauga City Centre Condos
Useful Information
Important Resources
Client Reports

How to Obtain a License for a

2nd Unit (Basement Apartment)


With today’s booming housing market, It’s not a surprise many first time home-buyers are looking for rentable homes to alleviate with costs of house ownership. As of January 2014, The City of Mississauga requires a license to legalize your 2nd unit. Here are the documents you require to obtain such license:


  •  Completed Second Unit License Application at the Compliance and Licensing Office
  • Proof of Ownership
  • Certificate of Occupancy($257 fee) from Planning and Building Department
  • Signed-Off Building Permit Card
  • Letter of Compliance from Electrical Safety Authority Issued by ESA within 180 days of the date of application for a Second Unit License($141 per unit)
  • Insurance Certificate
  • Payment of Applicable Second Unit License Fee for Owner-Occupied New $500/Renewal $250) or Investment Dwelling (New $1000/Renewal $500).

For more detail information, please visit this website for city of Mississauga.



adminlistingsprivacy policycontactsite map
Right At Home Realty Inc., Brokerage, independently owned & operated
Copyright © 2002-2019. All rights reserved.
Real Estate Marketing by Lone Wolf Technologies.
Lone Wolf Technologies